Rivet lets you more easily communicate and coordinate with people that are both part of your organization and outside of it. To help coordinate and communicate with your team, you'll need to set up your company.
1. First, search for your company’s name as one of your employees or subcontractors already using Rivet could have set it up for you.
1a. If you see your company, tap ‘Join’. If there is an error in the name or address, you can correct it later.
1b. If you do not see it, tap ‘Add your company’ and enter your company name and address.
2. If the company’s owner is unknown, you will be asked if you own the company. If you are the owner, please tap ‘Yes, I am the owner’. If you are the owner and did not get this option, please contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Next we'll ask about permissions. First location, then contacts. For location, if you'd like to use either the 'who's onsite' or 'automated photo sort and store' features, this needs to be set to 'Always Allow'.
NOTE: for iPhone users, the initial prompt will only give you the 'Allow While Using App' option and will later prompt you to switch to 'Always Allow'.
For contacts, click 'Use contacts' and 'Allow' in order to invite your team and others to projects using your contact list. This permission is also required if you want to use Rivet to correspond with people via SMS.
4. After you've granted contact permissions, you'll be able to search your contacts and add your employees. You can add more than one person on this screen, just search for their name, select them, search for the next person, select them, and so on. Once you've selected everyone, tap the 'Invite' button.
NOTE: It is also possible to skip this step and add employees later through your company's page (outlined below).
5. After this step, you've completed the basics for setting up your company on Rivet. If you'd like to add details about what services you offer, you can do this on your company page.
Adding employees on your company's page
Your company page is where people will eventually find information about you, your services, and some of the projects you've worked on. As the 'owner' of the company, you can manage members from this page.
1. In the app, tap on your profile avatar, located in the top left hand corner of the app.
2. Directly under your profile, you should see any company or team you've set up. Tap the row of the company or team to which you'd like to add individuals.
3. Scroll down to the 'Employees' section. Here you can add individuals from your contacts, manage existing employee permissions, remind employees who have not joined yet, and remove individuals who should no longer be part of the organization.